Dimensions Part 2

JUMOKE
He has been avoiding me for the past two weeks. My numerous phone calls to him have gone unanswered every day of the last fourteen days. I have hardly seen him and even when I was lucky to see him, before I could even pick a call as I walked towards him in euphoria, he simply disappeared into thin air. I have not once managed to meet him at home even though I have been there about ten times. I am now convinced that something must have happened between him and Tosin because Tosin always manages to change the line of conversation the minute Chuka’s name is mentioned. They must have had a clash of some sort and now I’m the one suffering for it. Even when I told Tosin that I suspect Chuka is avoiding me, he just simply stated that it is further proof that he doesn’t even like me. I’m so miserable now because I really miss him and I don’t even know what I did to him to deserve all of this. With every day that passes, I miss him even more and it feels like a wild animal is tearing my skin away more and more every day. I can’t take this anymore and thank goodness I met that adorable gentleman who told me what I need to know in order to meet Chuka at home. He seemed to know so much about Chuka’s movements that I suspect he must be a very close friend who is not happy that we are falling apart. He will be at home in fifteen minutes time and I’m on my way there now. His anonymous ‘friend’ even gave me a key as if he knew how badly I want to surprise Chuka. What he doesn’t know is that I have a bigger surprise for Chuka than just showing up unannounced. I’m tired of waiting for him to show me the kind of affection I crave. I must get there before him and wait for him to come home to me. I bet he can’t resist something that virtually every guy that I have met save for my rare and wonderful friend Tosin has begged me for; my body. I rejected them all but I won’t do that to him because he thoroughly deserves to be the first recipient of this. It’s time for us to consummate our love, Chuka, it’s time!

Chuka walks into his apartment and as locks his door he does not have the slightest idea what he is about to see for if he had known, he would have left the door wide open and run a full hundred miles away.
CHUKA
I saw movement from the corner of my right eye as I turned. She was looking at me with such intensity that even the Sun could not match. My God! She was stark naked! What did she think she was doing? I immediately felt a lump in my throat. How did she manage to get into my apartment, undress and wait for me? I was shell shocked and without thinking twice, I turned round to face the door as I spoke.
“Jumoke, what do you think you are doing?”
“What does it look like, Chuka? I’m giving you the best of me since obviously, you’ve been avoiding me.”
“Why Jummy? Where did this sort of idea even come from? I know you to be a very decent girl Jumoke, this is shocking!”
“I love you, Chuka. Everything I’ve ever done since I met you has been about you. I’m not so sure of your feelings for me but I’m willing to do everything I can.”
“Listen, I’m not that kind of guy anymore. If this were two years ago, we’ll be on my bed right now but things have changed. I’m different and my views on love these days have nothing to do with this. I think you are an amazing girl who really deserves a wonderful guy who is absolutely in love with you and not the kind of guy who agrees to date you because of your body. I am very tempted right now and that is proof of your attractiveness and what have you but this is not appropriate. You may have had a chance with me because no one can really predict the future and with the way things were really growing with both of us, something was sure to happen but you have ruined it. You have lost my respect with this singular act. Make no mistakes though because I DO NOT HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU!”
“Chuka, I’m so sorry but I’m a lady with feelings. When you love someone, I don’t believe there are limits to what you would do to get the person. You are a good guy and I’m proud to have you as a friend. I may have chosen the wrong approach but there’s one thing that remains sure, I love you and that would not change. You say I’ve lost your respect, well, suit yourself. You have treated me like dirt all this while but this is just the last straw. There are better ways of telling a girl that she’s not your class than all you’ve done thus far. Thanks for the way you’ve treated me, I leave you embarrassed and disgraced. And don’t try contacting me because ‘US’ ends here...”
She dressed up and left in anger. I tried to stop her but she shrugged my hand off her and slammed the door in my face. That was two weeks ago and I’ve called her about two hundred times already but she wouldn’t pick. I’ve dropped at least thirty messages for her but that also proved futile. Like a spell has been cast on me, I suddenly feel as though I have feelings for her. This is crazy but now I’m in an awful fit. What do I do now?

TOSIN
Chuka is not smart at all. In fact, he’s a big fool. Who does he even think he is, snubbing me as though I don’t exist? I’m not begging him again. He’s way too proud. Jumoke on her part is starting to act like a kid. I’m sick of all this wild goose chase but I’m not quitting now. That would only make Chuka win and that must not happen. I’m going to get her no matter what.
Tosin’s phone rings and he picks up.
“Hello...Who is this?”
“You don’t need to know., just be at the Amuze Memorial at exactly 4.00pm.”
“But I want to know why you...”
The anonymous caller hangs up.
“Oh shoot! What is the meaning of all this?!”
...to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dimensions Part 4

Dimensions Part 3